The biggest innovations of the 21st century will be at the intersection of biology and technology. A new era is beginning - Steve Jobs, Apple Founder
Dr Aisling O' Driscoll
Dr. O' Driscoll graduated from Cork Institute of Technology with a B.Sc. in Software Development and Computer Networking, an M.Eng. in Electronic Engineering (Research), a Ph.D. in Wireless Vehicular Communications and holds a number of professional certifications including CCDH, CCNA and CCAI.
She is a lecturer and researcher at the Department of Computing at Cork Institute of Technology (formerly with the CIT Nimbus Centre for Embedded Systems Research) with a specific interest in interdisciplinary informatics and the emerging field of data science. She is a member of the Institite of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and has successfully been awarded funding as part of EU FP7 programme, the Department of Agriculture and the Irish Research Council.
A subset of her Teaching Areas include:
- Computational Biology (MSc) - Application Development for BioSciences and Advanced Application Development for BioSciences
- Cloud Computing (MSc) - Data Analytics
- Software Development (MSc) - Software Development Research Project
- Networking and Security (MSc) - Networking and Security Research Project
- Cloud Computing (BSc & HDip) - Cloud Computing with Python